We are CLANE COMPANY NIGERIA LIMITED (RC 1439528), a company registered in Nigeria and having its principal place of business at No.8a Bendel Close off Bishop Aboyade Close Street VI, Lagos State, Nigeria.
Our Privacy Approach
At Clane we collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you sign up to make payments, transfers or pay your bills. Also, to receive information about our products or services, create an account or profile, use interactive features of our products or services, participate in our surveys, communicate with us via third-party social media sites.
We keep and secure personal information: At Clane, we do not take your trusting us with your information for granted. We take responsibility to ensuring that appropriate security measures are put in place and your personal information is protected;
We abide by local laws: Clane is a CBN licensed Payment Solution Service provider. Our privacy practices reflect the provisions of the rule of law.
We collect your personal data when you use the services offered on our website as well as our digital platform, including the following:
- Sign-up information: When you register to use the services offered on our digital platform, we will collect personal data that is necessary to onboard you such as your name, date of birth, email address, mobile phone number, and debit card details. We may require you to provide additional personal details as you use our services.
- Transaction information: When you use our digital platform to perform mobile money activities (such as send and receive money, make purchases from merchants, pay bills, deposit & withdraw cash, etc), we collect information about the transaction as well as other information associated with the transaction such as amount sent or received, the amount paid for products or services, merchant information, including information about your device and geolocation.
- Participant Personal Data: When you use our services, we collect personal data about the other participants associated with the transaction. We collect personal data such as name and financial account information about the participant who is receiving money from you or sending money to you.
- Information from other sources: We may collect information from other sources, such as our social media platforms when you reach out to us to lodge a complaint about our services. However, we will only ask for the information required to help us be of service to you.
- Other information we collect related to your use of our website or Services: We may collect additional information from or about you when you communicate with us or contact our customer support teams.
When you apply for a job with us: We may request Personal Data about your education, employment, and state of health. As part of your application, you will be asked to provide your express consent to our use of this information to assess your application and any monitoring activities which may be required of us under applicable laws as an employer.
We may also carry out screening checks (including reference, background, and criminal record checks).
We may exchange your Personal Data with academic institutions, recruiters, health maintenance organizations, law enforcement agencies, referees, and your previous employers.
Your Data Protection Rights and Choices
Based on your location and applicable laws, (This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria) below are the rights you have as a user in relation to your Personal Information:
- Right to be informed
- Right to request access or copies to your Personal Information by signing into your Account or contacting us
- Right to request that Clane erases your Personal Information. You have the right to ask us to erase your Personal Information. Please note that this is a limited right which applies where the data is no longer required, or the processing has no legal justification.
- Right to correct or rectify any Personal Information that you provide which may be incorrect, out of date or inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Right to object to the processing of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You have a right to ask us not to contact you for marketing purposes by adjusting your notification preference on the settings page or by opting out via the unsubscribe link in marketing emails we send you.
- Right to object to processing: You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances. Please note that where you object to us processing your Personal Information, we might be unable to provide the services to you.
- To target advertisements, newsletter and service updates;
- As necessary to establish, exercise and defend legal rights;
- As may be required by applicable laws and regulations, including for compliance with Know Your Customers and risk assessment, Anti-Money Laundering, anti-corruption and sanctions screening requirements, or as requested by any judicial process, law enforcement or governmental agency.
- To use data analytics to improve our Website, products or services, and user experiences.
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
While Clane Company Nigeria Limited attempts to ensure that the information on this Website is accurate, current, complete, fit for its intended purpose and compliant with the relevant Nigerian Legislation and regulations as at the time of access, this site and the online services are provided “as is”. Clane makes no representation or warranty, whether express or implied as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any information on this website.
Information provided by you shall be kept confidential and not be used or disclosed in any manner incompatible with the purposes for which they are held. Notwithstanding, You acknowledge that we may disclose and transfer any information that you provide through this Website to (i) the Company, its affiliates, agents or information providers; or (ii) if we have a right or duty to disclose or are permitted or compelled to so disclose such information by law. You consent to the transmission, transfer or processing of such information to, or through, any country in the world, as we deem necessary or appropriate, and by using and providing information through this Website you agree to such transfers.
• The User hereby authorizes Clane to submit Merchant public Data, or any other relevant information received from the User, to the relevant Card Scheme or Third-Party awareness platform and obtains permission for providing more information on a related product to the User, or for any ongoing monitoring related purpose.
Terms & Conditions
Any person or group of persons who access or rely on this Website or the information contained herein does so at their own risk. By accessing this Website You are deemed to have read and agreed to the following terms and conditions below. These terms and conditions become effective when you access this site for the first time. These Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice, from time to time in our sole discretion. You are responsible for being familiar with the current version of these Terms and Conditions posted on the Website during each visit. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, do not access this website.You are strictly prohibited from unauthorized use of our systems or this Website, including but not limited to unauthorized entry into our systems, misuse of passwords, or misuse of any information posted to this Website.
You are permitted to store, display, analyse, modify, reformat, and print the information made available to you via these services for your own use only. You are by no means, permitted to publish, transmit, or otherwise reproduce this information, in whole or in part, in any format to any third party without the express written consent of Clane Company Nigeria Limited. In addition, you are not permitted to alter, obscure, or remove any copyright, trademark or any other notices that are provided to you in connection with the information contained on this Website. The Company reserves the right, at any time and from time to time, in the interests of its own editorial discretion and business judgment to add, modify, or remove any of the information without recourse to You. These Terms and Conditions are not intended to, and will not, transfer or grant any rights in or to the information other than those which are expressly described herein, and all rights not expressly granted herein are automatically reserved by Clane Company Nigeria Limited or any third-party providers from whom the Company has obtained the information. You are advised to read and abide by any revised or terms. Third-party providers will have no liability to you for monetary damages on account of the information provided to you via this service.
Clane nor any of its third party providers shall have any responsibility to maintain the data and services made available on this Web site or to supply any corrections, updates, or releases in connection therewith. Availability of data and services are subject to change without notice. Clane makes no commitment whatsoever to you express or implied, regarding the security of the site, including with respect to the ability of unauthorized persons to intercept or access information transmitted by you through this service. Clane Company Nigeria Limited also makes no warranty or representation, whether express or implied, that the information or files available on this Website are free of viruses, destructive materials or any other data or code which is able to corrupt, compromise, jeopardize, disrupt, disable, harm or otherwise impede in any manner the operation of a computer system, computer network or your hardware or software. You accept all risk associated with the existence of such viruses, destructive materials or any other data or code which is able to corrupt, compromise, jeopardize, disrupt, disable, harm or otherwise impede in any manner the operation or content of a computer system, computer network or your hardware or software.
Copyright and other relevant intellectual property rights exist on all text relating to the Clane’s services and the full content of this website.
Potential disruption of service
You shall be responsible for obtaining and maintaining all telephone, computer hardware, software, and other equipment needed to access and use this Website. Access to this Website may from time to time be unavailable, delayed, limited or slow due to, among other things: Hardware failure, including among other things, failures of computers (including your own computer), servers, networks, telecommunication lines and connections, and other electronic and mechanical equipment.
Software failure, including among other things, bugs, errors, viruses, configuration problems, incompatibility of systems, utilities or applications, the operation of firewalls or screening programs, unreadable codes, or irregularities within particular documents or other content.
Overload of system capacities.
Damage caused by severe weather, earthquakes, wars, insurrection, riots, terrorism, civil commotion, act of God, accident, fire, water damage, explosion, mechanical breakdown or natural disasters.
Interruption (whether partial or total) of power supplies or other utility of service. Strike or other stoppage (whether partial or total) of labour.
Governmental or regulatory restrictions, exchange rulings, court or tribunal orders or other human intervention; or Any other cause (whether similar or dissimilar to any of the foregoing) whatsoever beyond our control.
If access to this Website is unavailable, delayed or limited or if this Website does not operate quickly and efficiently, you may be unable to transmit your instructions for transactions and other matters, or such instructions may not be promptly executed or you may be unable to retrieve information on a timely basis. If your operations are dependent on such communications with Us, and such communications are disrupted or delayed, you may suffer losses. Clane shall not be liable for any such loss.
Links from this website
This service may provide links to certain Internet sites (the “Sites”) sponsored and maintained by third parties. Clane is providing such links solely for convenience to You. Accordingly, Clane makes no representations concerning the content of the Sites. We do not monitor or review the content of other party’s Sites which are linked to from this website. Opinions expressed or materials appearing on such Sites do not constitute an endorsement by us and should not be regarded as the publisher of such opinions or materials. Please be aware that We are not responsible for the privacy practices, or content, of these sites. We encourage You to be aware when you leave our site & to read the privacy statements of these sites. The Company will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, howsoever caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of personal information were such links does not emanate from Clane Company Nigeria Limited.
Limitation of liability
Clane shall have no liability, contingent or otherwise, to You or to third parties, or any responsibility whatsoever, for the failure of any connection or communication service to provide or maintain your access to this service, or for any interruption or disruption of such access or any erroneous communication between the Company and You, regardless of whether the connection or communication service is provided by the Company or a third party service provider. Clane Company Nigeria Limited shall have no liability, contingent or otherwise, to You or to third parties, for the correctness, quality, accuracy, timeliness, reliability, performance, continued availability, completeness or delays, omissions, or interruptions in the delivery of the data and services available on this website or for any other aspect of the performance of this service or for any failure or delay in the execution of any transactions through this service. In no event shall the Company be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages which may be incurred or experienced on account of You using the services made available on this Website, even where the Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Clane is under no obligation to inform You of any difficulties experienced by the Company or third parties with respect to the use of the services or to take any action in connection therewith.
In the event any of the terms or provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall be held to be unenforceable, the remaining terms and provisions shall be unimpaired and the unenforceable term or provision shall be replaced by such enforceable term or provision as comes closest to the intention underlying the unenforceable term or provision. These Terms and Conditions shall be subject to any other agreements you have entered into with the Company. Where there is a dispute such dispute shall be submitted to the Lagos Court of Arbitration and shall be resolved under the Rules of the Lagos Court of Arbitration.
Termination and notification
Clane shall in its sole discretion terminate, suspend and/or modify the contents of this Website with or without notice to you. The Company reserves the right to terminate, suspend and/or modify these conditions from time to time as it sees fit and your continued use of the site will signify your acceptance of any adjustment to these terms. You agree that Clane, its affiliates or subsidiaries shall not be liable to you in the event that it chooses to terminate, suspend or modify this Website or your use of this Website. This Web site is hereby issued and approved by Clane Company Nigeria Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria © Clane Company Nigeria Limited 2023. All rights reserved.
I have read all the terms and conditions within this Notice and hereby agree to the use of my personal data for the above-mentioned purpose